The Constructor program makes the creation, testing, trouble-shooting, teaching and printing of electrical ladder diagrams, diagram schematics, electrical wiring diagrams, electrical drawings and one line diagrams fast and easy. The circuit will perform the same as a hard wired electrical circuit. The design can be edited and re-tested saving valuable time when it comes to hard wired circuits and trouble-shooting scenarios. This program is unique in its ability to test an electrical circuit. You can see the power flow in the diagram and hear the sound effects when a motor or siren is energized. Once designed, any circuit can then be virtually energized and operated on your computer monitor which is great for training and troubleshooting.
1Fast and Easy Ladder Diagrams
Draw ladder diagrams much faster and easier than with most CAD software. Plus once it's drawn you can test your circuit. Our customers tell us the Constructor is the quickest and easiest electrical CAD software they've ever used. Compatible with Windows 10, 8, and 7.
2Great Training Environment
Now you can add documents and notes to your projects. The new workbook section allows you to create training material and information viewable in the main diagram. NEW Troubleshooting mode allows you to create circuits with problems (blown fuse, broken wire, stuck pushbutton, etc.) and have students find the problem using a their print reading skills and a voltage/continuity test probe.
3Easy to Learn and Use
Our new Active help system, help files, and a pdf manual makes learning to use this powerful software much faster and easier. Your complete circuit can be tested, from the three phase power components to the control circuit. Many of our customers have used electrical cad software before and comment about how easy our software is to use compared with other electrical cad software.
4All the Features You Need
Powerful zooming features for faster editing and easier viewing of your electrical schematic diagrams. Over 50 color schemes allow you to set your personal color preference. Automatic legends and borders allow you to make professional looking electrical diagrams quickly. You can also save images from within The Constructor program as bitmap files. The bitmap files can then be used for printing or imported into other programs.
5Symbol Libraries and Symbol Editor
The built-in symbol libraries of over 900 symbols makes the creation of your electrical drawings fast and easy. The built-in symbol editor allows you to create your own custom electrical symbols for that special project. Optional PLC I/O libraries are available for most PLCs (Over 1800 I/O modules) An optional additional sound library allows you to add 126 more sound effects to your circuit diagrams.
6Portability and Advanced Features
If you need to send a diagram to an associate now you can export your diagram as a PDF file. Exporting your diagram as a DXF, DWG, JPG, GIF, TIF or PNG file is also an option. Print wire labels using pre-designed wire label templates for Brady and other label manufacturers. Our auto wire feature allows you to quickly add wire numbers to your diagrams with a host of options available.
- New for Version 15
- Jumper Wires added for use in the Troubleshooting mode
- Graphical Preview added to most Open dialog boxes. (Diagrams, templates, legends, PLC I/O. etc)
- More Symbols - now over 900 symbols
- Enhanced display showing assignments, groups and associations in your diagram.
- Find/Search Text Added
- Improved PDF Export: Scale Output and now with Multi-page option
- Virtually Energize and Operate Your Diagram
- Works with Windows 7, 8 or 10.
- Export features: PDF, DWG, DXF, JPG, GIF and more...
- Change Wire Colors and Styles
- Built-in Symbol Editor
- Troubleshooting Mode for Training Troubleshooting Mode - Detailed Information
- Voltage/Continuity Test Probe
- Built-in Symbol Libraries of over 900 JIC, NEMA and IEC Symbols
- Symbol Library Search
- Sound Effects (Hear the Difference!)
- Interactive on-screen help
- Easier and faster to use than most CAD Software
- Generic PLC I/O modules and Terminal Strip libraries
- Automatic Wire Numbering and Re-numbering
- Auto High-Lighting of Contacts Assigned to Coils
- Simulation Scripting - Run your circuit hands free
Want to help us make the Constructor better? Fill out a quick Constructor Survey.
In Good Company
When you order the Constructor you'll join the thousands of customers that use the Constructor. Our customers include Fortune 500 companies, schools and universities, electricians, contractors and various IBEW/JATC/UA/IEC training centers. The Constructor started in 1994 as a DOS version and now 25 years later we are currently at version 15 and still going strong thanks to you, our customers.